Welcome New NWRNA Members!
Northwest Region Nurses Association is a region of the Washington State Nurses Association (WSNA). If you indicated that you lived or worked in one of the five counties in the region (Island, Skagit, Snohomish, San Juan, and Whatcom) when you joined WSNA, you automatically became a member of NWRNA.
NWRNA is a nonprofit organization that provides opportunities for connection, professional growth, and community involvement.
We’re a member-driven organization. That means that our programs derive specifically from what members indicate are their areas of need and interest. The NWRNA Board of Directors urges you to make your voice heard with NWRNA!
When NWRNA started in 2019, we conducted Member Meetings in the region to hear what members want from their local professional association. Through those meetings, we identified four priorities:
- Supporting members to connect and build their skills – We can help members interested in starting a project, attending a conference or workshop, or pursuing certification.
- Creating leadership opportunities – Develop your leadership skills by volunteering to serve on a committee or the Board. Find out how you can join our leadership team.
- Encouraging members to take action on practice and career issues – Last year, we conducted a Workplace Violence listening session. What issue are you interested in? Explore our Activity Teams and other volunteer opportunities.
- Guaranteeing a strong nursing workforce – We provide scholarships for nursing programs leading to initial licensure as an RN, bachelor’s degree in nursing, or an advanced degree in nursing. Learn more about our scholarship program.
Other member benefits include:
- Member connection through Facebook and Twitter.
- Stay up-to-date with our eNews and our website.
- Member discounts on NWRNA educational workshops.
We want to hear from you! Please contact us at 360-734-3166 or email@example.com to let us know what you would like to see from your local professional association.