Welcome New NWRNA Members!
Northwest Region Nurses Association is a region of the Washington State Nurses Association (WSNA). If you indicated that you lived or worked in one of the five counties in the region (Island, Skagit, Snohomish, San Juan, and Whatcom) when you joined WSNA, you automatically became a member of NWRNA.
NWRNA is a nonprofit organization that provides opportunities for connection, professional growth, and community involvement.
We’re a member-driven organization. That means that our programs derive specifically from what members indicate are their areas of need and interest. The NWRNA Board of Directors urges you to make your voice heard with NWRNA!
NWRNA is a new organization, in just our first year. Throughout 2019, we’ve conducted Member Meetings in the region to hear what members want from their local professional association. Through those meetings, we have identified four priorities:
- Supporting members to connect and build their skills – We can help members interested in starting a project or attending a conference or workshop. See how you can request financial assistance.
- Creating leadership opportunities – Board elections will be held this fall. Find out how you can join our leadership team.
- Encouraging members to take action on practice and career issues – This spring, we conducted a Workplace Violence listening session. What issue are you interested in? Explore our Activity Teams and other volunteer opportunities.
- Helping members connect to discuss practice issues and to plan for social activities – Recently, we helped a member establish a running group in Bellingham. What would you like to do? Reach out to members with a post on our Connections Blog.
Other member benefits include:
- Member connection through Facebook and Twitter.
- Scholarships for student members starting in 2020.
- Stay up-to-date with our eNews and our website.
- Member discounts on NWRNA educational workshops.
We want to hear from you! Please contact us at 360-734-3166 or firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know what you would like to see from your local professional association.