Enrich your professional development. Support your profession. Deepen your connection with your community.
The choices are yours.
Contact Kirk Roberts at email@example.com or 360-734-3166 to find out more about any of these opportunities.
Help lead the association
Your local professional association is seeking a Secretary for 2022-23.
The Board meets via Zoom 4-5 times annually. We may also begin occasional in-person meetings, conditions permitting.
This Secretary position includes working with the Executive Director to prepare minutes from the Board meeting, and joining in Board discussions regarding issues facing our profession and our association.
This position requires about two hours per month. Take a look at the job description to find out more.
Help develop educational activities
Join our Program Team and work with fellow nurses to select topics and identify potential speakers for our educational activities, such as our 2022 NWRNA Conference this fall. (Year-round, approximately 1 hour/month)
Help select Scholarship recipients
Join our Scholarship Team to help NWRNA support the next generation of nurses. Work together to develop criteria and evaluate applications. (Spring-Fall; approximately 1 hour/month)
Help us identify and curate nursing resources:
- Send us links to articles, websites, blogs, etc., that would benefit members so that we can feature them on our website and our social media accounts.
- When members send us links to resources, help us determine whether these are a good fit for our members.
(Year-round; approximately 1 hour/month)
Explore an issue that interests you
Activity teams examine practice issues, plan activities, and grow the association. (As needed, approximately 1 hour/month)
What interests you? Teams include:
- Conferences/events: planning future conferences and other education activities.
- Website/Social Media: finding resources and engaging in conversation with your colleagues.
- Professional Development: developing education and resources for our professional growth.
- Nominating: encouraging a new generation of nurse leaders.
- Workplace Violence: helping nurses support each other and build a safer work environment.
- Disaster Preparedness: supporting education and logistical preparation efforts.