Northwest Region Nurses Association invites nursing students to apply for the NWRNA Nursing Scholarship.
The NWRNA Scholarship Program provides financial assistance to qualified students.
The association will award four $1,000 scholarships for the 2021-22 academic year.
Separate scholarships will be awarded to students seeking initial licensure as an RN, and to NWRNA members seeking a bachelor’s degree or an advanced degree in nursing or a related field.
If you have questions, please contact us at 360-734-3166 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholarship Guidelines and Eligibility
To support students in our community pursuing a career in nursing and to support NWRNA members seeking to grow in their career development.
- Four $1,000 scholarships will be awarded for the 2021-22 academic year.
- Two scholarships for students seeking initial licensure as an RN.
- Two scholarships for NWRNA members seeking a bachelor’s degree or an advanced degree in nursing or a related field.
- NWRNA reserves the right to alter distribution of scholarships depending on applications received.
- Be currently enrolled during the 2021-22 academic year, or be accepted into a program beginning during the 2022-22 academic year:
- in a nursing program (accredited by ACEN or CCNE) leading to initial licensure as a RN; or
- in a program for current RNs leading to a bachelor’s degree in nursing; or
- in a program leading to an advanced degree in nursing or a related field.
- You do not have to be enrolled for the entire year.
- You do not have to be a Washington resident. However, you must:
- maintain a permanent address in Island, San Juan, Skagit, Snohomish, or Whatcom counties; or
- be enrolled in a nursing program in one of those counties.
- If currently enrolled in a nursing program, maintain a minimum “B” average (3.0 grade point average).
Application Submission Requirements
- Use the online application form.
- Mail application form to NWRNA, 1229 Cornwall Ave., Suite 308, Bellingham, WA 98225. Call the office at 360-734-3166 if you need the print application mailed to you.
- Email materials in pdf format to email@example.com. Emailed submissions must include all of the materials in a single email correspondence.
Scholarship application materials must include the following (incomplete applications will not be considered):
- Completed NWRNA Scholarship Application.
- Current College Transcripts or Letter of Acceptance (copies acceptable).
- Essay (up to two pages; double-spaced; 12-pt type or larger). Using a writing style that best expresses who you are, please address the following questions:
- What is your motivation to enter the field of nursing or to prepare for the next stage of your career?
- What are any financial burdens you are facing as you pursue your goals? How will this scholarship reduce your burdens and enhance your success?
- How would you describe your commitment to provide health care to underserved populations?
All recipients must meet eligibility requirements.
Essays will be evaluated with specific emphasis on the following areas:
- Motivation to enter the field or enhance your career growth.
- Financial need and explanation of how the scholarship will meet those needs.
- Commitment to provide health care to underserved populations.
- Thoughtfulness and originality.
- NWRNA Scholarship Committee will select scholarship recipients. All information will be held in strict confidence.
- This scholarship is a one-time award. New recipients will be selected annually.
- Scholarship recipients will be notified by email.
- Scholarship recipients will be recognized in NWRNA communications and on the NWRNA website.